• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone just fell out of the Bodyglove holster onto a blacktop driveway....

Just my luck. So now it has a small gash on the top of the body, will that void my return to Verizon within the 30 days? It is not visible at all when I put the Body Glove on...
How on earth did it fall out of the body glove case? That thing is locked like the jaws of life around the phone. I don't think I could take the inc out of the bodyglove case even if I want to, which i do.

Upvote 0
How on earth did it fall out of the body glove case? That thing is locked like the jaws of life around the phone. I don't think I could take the inc out of the bodyglove case even if I want to, which i do.

Thats what I'm saying. It was hard as hell for me to get the damn thing off to put my 16gb card in, but it just falls off when I need it to stay on.

Upvote 0
Good move on admitting you damaged it BEFORE signing up for insurance.....I hope your user name isn't your real name.

If anyone wants to help or give him ideas on how to commit fraud then please do it over PM's.

what fraud are we talking about here? you have 30 days to get insurance. they don't care if you've already scratched the case or not.

Upvote 0
Call asurion and ask them if you can damage the. Phone then get insurance after. They will say no. Ask verizon too if you want and they'll tell you the same thing. I don't care what he does either way but its fraud no matter which way you slice it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i'm not arguing but you are wrong. as you and others have stated before cosmetic damage is not covered anyway so it would not detour them from selling you insurance.on the other hand if you ran over your phone and it was not working,then bought insurance and claimed it,it would be fraud. their way around this is,after you buy your insurance the phone has to be used on the network before you can make a claim.again not arguing...

Upvote 0
Thats what I'm saying. It was hard as hell for me to get the damn thing off to put my 16gb card in, but it just falls off when I need it to stay on.

I see it's not just me:). It was hard as hell to get the darn thing off my phone when I wanted to install the card also. I can't imagine it just popping of, but stranger things have happened. All in all I like the BodyGlove case but I may head to the VZN store today to see what that gradient case looks like.

Upvote 0
is the body glove the clip holdster? i have the amzer case and clip. what i do is put my phone in the clip and put the clip inside my pocket. i can still slide the phone out and in of the clip with the clip still being in my pocket sitting or standing. amzer is gonna hold me over until innocase comes out and ill probably get the clip for that too.

Upvote 0
Could be much worse. My brother has an iPhone that has had a spider web cracked screen for months.... At least you don't see yours every time you take it out of the pocket and try and use the phone. Things happen... It sucks, but you'll be used to it after a while. (Unless you want to commit insurance fraud.... In which case, it will be fixed sooner than later :)

Side note.... I don't blame you for wanting to do the insurance thing.... I'd be tempted also... I would buy the insurance on a phone like this anyway so if anything else happens, you're covered.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones