1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support phone just keeps rebooting itself

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ben dover, Aug 21, 2011.

1. ben dover

ben dover Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    hi, i got a Samsung indulge from metro and last week it was acting funny and not getting a solid signal. so i put it into air plane mode then i pulled the battery and put it back in to reset it. now the phone just boots itself turns on for 15sec and then reboots itself again. it keeps on doing this until the battery dies. now i have checked on the web, and it read about holding down the volume button and then turning it on to access the recovery menu. but nothing happens when i do that. i also heard of a usb jig to manually put the phone into DL mode. but i dont know if it would work for all galaxy phones. and what do i do after its in DL mode? do i have to re-flash it? and were/how would i do that? thanks

Advertisement

2. Shatterproof

Shatterproof Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 30, 2011
    Male
    Warehouse Supervisor / MMA Fighter
    Detroit
    So u didnt attempt to do anything to the phone like Root it or install a ROM prior to it getting stuck in a boot loop?

3. ben dover

ben dover Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    nope. but im going to if it can get up and running again.

update: i found out how to put it into recovery mode. and dl mode too. but were can i get the update.zip file for my phone? im looking for the factory files. thanks.

4. derrabe

derrabe Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Unemployeed :(
    South East Michigan
    Search the all things root forum, maybe do a odin restore for a total clean slate

5. lordcliffton

lordcliffton Member
    None

Apr 10, 2011
    worker bee
    Land of ice & rage
    Why not simply return the blasted thing for a phone that works? Some bunk phones DO slip through the cracks... sounds like yours sucks. Why chance other possible problems down the line when you can simply return it for a brand new phone, duh?

6. CreativeOne

CreativeOne Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Assembly Line (Ford)
    Burbs of Detroit
    Lordcliffton is correct here. I mean you just got it last week and if you didn't try to root it or flash it. Samsung has a 1 year exchange warranty on it. It should be cake.

You might need to take it to a corporate store tho. Those shady local dealers give you issues at times.

7. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    Male
    I do stuff, with things
    This. /thread

8. traajik

traajik Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2011

samsungs have a contract somewhere, but metro doesn't. i'm 100% sure if you took a rooted phone up to a metro dealers store (maybe not corporate) with the goal of exchanging it for a new one, They might say something about it being tampered with, but i would just act clueless to the fact that i broke any rules, if you think about it, to buy the phone you dont need to view a contract when buying online from metro or at a store, with or with out a pre existing account with metro or with out, not even in the stores are you told to view a contract from either phone manufacture or metro it self, i dont even think it suggests you to view the terms and conditions.

i'm 100% sure that if you confronted a metro employee with this you MIGHT get a phone back.

Simply say, what contract? i thought this was metro?

actually i'm willing to bet if my rooted/rom'd phone broke somehow i would guarantee a new phone coming my way, even if that means utter destruction so they cant power it on.

but i would try the first suggestion first

9. abbitcm11

abbitcm11 Lurker
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    how did you get it working? my indulge keeps rebooting it self.