1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone keeps changing number when textingct number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AGAV13, Dec 9, 2011.

1. AGAV13

AGAV13 Member
    None

Mar 16, 2011
    Student
    CT
    When i first entered a number into my GMail phonebook through my phone i entered one of the digits incorrectly. When i corrected the number in the phonebook and sent a message every respond message i send to the number changes it back to the incorrect number. I have tried several messaging apps (stock, handcent, GoSMS) they all do the same thing. I have all of my numbers saved to GMail so i deleted the contact from both phone and gmail and entered correct number through GMail and synced the address book to the device. The problem still persists and i have no clue how to fix the problem, it has been roughly a month. It isn't the biggest problem it is just a pain when i send the message and verizon sends one back saying i am trying to send the message to a landline and it will cost .25 to send the message. I then have to create a new thread to send the message to the person. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, AGAV13.

Advertisement

2. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    retail... bleh
    Sacramento, CA
    Can't you type the person's name to send them an SMS?

3. linebusy

linebusy Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2011
    This happened to me for a similar reason and a Verizon rep walked me to the spot. Go into the Messages app, then: Menu > Settings > Text messages (SMS) > Callback number