• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone keeps changing volume; playing a silent song called, "dad" by artist "0"

M3rcury

Lurker
Sep 12, 2016
My wife and I just recently got K7s from our local MetroPCS store. Had them less than 2 months.

Mine is fine but she started using the METROblocker app that comes preloaded onto the phone, it blocked a "scammer" number and now it keeps changing the volune up and down and playing a song with no audio that she never downloaded called, "dad". I tried restarting, taking out the battery, and even restarting in safe mode.

When I try to delete the apps that she recently downloaded to hopefully stop the problem the phone won't allow me to press certain buttons. It registers that they were pressed but does nothing. Because of this I can't access the apps menu or storage to disable or delete anything. I haven't tried a factory reset yet, I was hoping to resolve this without that.

I don't mean to be rude but I think this is the most hilarious thing I've read all day
I also wanna say just take the factory reset route, maybe back up photos and music onto a PC if it'll let you do that because that's the weirdest thing that can happen to a phone lmao

Or maybe call MetroPCS or take it into them, see if they can fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones