• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Keeps Crashing

ScrambleGuy

Lurker
Apr 17, 2012
For the past couple of weeks my phone has been crashing 4 or 5 times a day. It usually does it when I try to open up an app. I've downloaded a couple of games during that time. Draw Something and Scramble with Friends. Virgin Mobile just sent me a new phone yesterday and it's crash a couple of times so far.

For the past couple of weeks my phone has been crashing 4 or 5 times a day. It usually does it when I try to open up an app. I've downloaded a couple of games during that time. Draw Something and Scramble with Friends. Virgin Mobile just sent me a new phone yesterday and it's crash a couple of times so far.

did the new phone they sent crash before you put your apps on it??, theres been reports on here that certain apps will shut the phone down at points or crash it, you can try uninstalling all apps that You added, reboot the phone and see if it crashes

Upvote 0
they first question is did it start crashing right out the box or when u start using the apps u installed. r u using stock rom or have u flashed a different rom, and if you are overclocking i don't know if you are but just in case stop overclocking. i know my phone crashed a couple of time when i tried overclocking it to like 1.8ghz. but the two apps you claimed you installed will not make you phone crash i play them two all the time. but more then likely it could probably a app you have installed if you say both phones keep crashing, and if the phone wasn't acting up right out the box

Upvote 0
they first question is did it start crashing right out the box or when u start using the apps u installed. r u using stock rom or have u flashed a different rom, and if you are overclocking i don't know if you are but just in case stop overclocking. i know my phone crashed a couple of time when i tried overclocking it to like 1.8ghz. but the two apps you claimed you installed will not make you phone crash i play them two all the time. but more then likely it could probably a app you have installed if you say both phones keep crashing, and if the phone wasn't acting up right out the box

yea, he wasent to clear on if he flashed the phone or not, and im guessin hes got more than those to apps on the phone, but i was looking at it as if its all stock he could have an app running rouge, and if its running a rom and he didnt properly clear the caches he could have different setting "headbutting" if u will

Also what exactly do u mean by crash?? like the phone completely Shuts Off, or are the apps themselves just force closing bringing you back to home??

Upvote 0
What exactly do you mean by crash? Apps force closing, or your phone reboots?

By crash, I mean the phone completely reboots. I've had the replacement for a full day now and it has crashed a couple of times. This is an improvement from what it was doing before. I've been using the phone since December of last year. It would always crash occasionally, maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks. Which wasn't a big deal.

The crashing started a couple of weeks ago. This was around the time I downloaded those apps. I'm not sure what you mean about stock rom or overclocking?

Upvote 0
ok my question was answered when you said u don't know what i mean your on stock and not overclocked. So do what agentc said try uninstalling those apps and go from there keep uninstalling app to see if your phone stops crashing. i did read somewhere why people triumph was keep rebooting and people confirmed that firefox was the problem once they uninstalled that the phone stop rebooting so if you have firefox start with that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones