• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone keeps randomly shutting off?

shannonon0n

Lurker
Jul 24, 2011
i got this phone two weeks ago. i would be in the middle of doing something and then the screen would fade blue and turn black and it would be a glowing black screen and i would have to hold down the power button for it to restart itself. i took it back to the metro pcs store and they gave me a replacement one. the new phone was fine for about a day, and then it started doing the same thing. i dont have advanced app killer or many other apps installed. help???

It may be one of your apps that crashes and frezzes up the phone. One of my apps used to crash and phone would hang then fade out to the unresponsive black lit up screen. The problem went away after the app got updated although i never got a blue screen.

i dont know what app it would be.. i only have facebook, this battery widget, pandora, tumblr,
and the screen doesnt turn completely blue, itll fade blue and then go black

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones