1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support phone keeps randomly shutting off?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shannonon0n, Jul 24, 2011.

1. shannonon0n

shannonon0n Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    i got this phone two weeks ago. i would be in the middle of doing something and then the screen would fade blue and turn black and it would be a glowing black screen and i would have to hold down the power button for it to restart itself. i took it back to the metro pcs store and they gave me a replacement one. the new phone was fine for about a day, and then it started doing the same thing. i dont have advanced app killer or many other apps installed. help???

Advertisement

2. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Android Enthusiast
    None

May 24, 2011
    It may be one of your apps that crashes and frezzes up the phone. One of my apps used to crash and phone would hang then fade out to the unresponsive black lit up screen. The problem went away after the app got updated although i never got a blue screen.

3. shannonon0n

shannonon0n Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    i dont know what app it would be.. i only have facebook, this battery widget, pandora, tumblr,
    and the screen doesnt turn completely blue, itll fade blue and then go black

4. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Android Enthusiast
    None

May 24, 2011
    It could also be one app conflicting with another specially if they start up at boot. For example, two apps wanting access to the camera at the same time. Its not gonna happen so phone lags and frezzes up.