1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone keeps restarting and not responding to any button,cannot open any application or settings

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by newandroiddude, Aug 4, 2013.

1. newandroiddude

None
    I have Micromax A57 Ninja Android 2.3.5
    I installed Launcher Pro some days ago and I guess I moved the original Launcher to SD Card with some tool.
    Yesterday,as I was browsing gallery pictures, the phone suddenly stopped and restarted.
    I rebooted again but the phone doesn't respond to any button (Power button, volume buttons, touch screen)
    It keeps restarting every 10 seconds and is not responding to any input. I cannot open settings/apps or do anything, just watch the phone restarting itself over n over.
    The phone is rooted, I tried unrooting but I cant even turn on USB debugging.
    What to do to completely reset the phone? Flash? I don't know how without the phone responding to any button. Any software that may help?
    Please help! Its urgent..

Advertisement

2. Lykarsis

Lykarsis Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Pizza Making, People Wrangling and PC Fixing
    Ohio
    Are you able to boot into recovery?
    Do so by pressing the power button+the volume up button while the phone is off. Try doing a factory reset from there. It should get the phone functional but be warned, it will erase all of your data.

newandroiddude likes this.
  3. newandroiddude

None

Aug 4, 2013
    I tried what u said above, and it worked!
    Thanks a lot..
    I thought I have bricked my phone as I moved some system apps like default Launcher to SD card.
    I dont know what caused it, but can u give me some tip of what not to do in future to avoid such problems?

4. jhtalisman

jhtalisman Android Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2011
    Male
    Lead Machine Operator
    Nashvegas, Tn
    Preferably, leave system apps alone and only move or modify the apps you install. You can disable the carrier bloatware if your phone allows it, but the android system relies on files being in specific spots for access.

newandroiddude likes this.