1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone keeps restarting when locked.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Tezcatlipoca84, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Tezcatlipoca84

None

Aug 19, 2012
    Hi,

My fiancee's THL 5000 had a known and common issue relating to the power button, which I seemed to have fixed. Basically, it wouldn't boot at all and I had intended to replace the power button connector altogether, but after taking it apart and pulling on the ribbon connector slightly with a pair of tweezers, it seemed that I was able to boot the phone up again, so I kept the original in it as there didn't seem to be much point in replacing it if it began to work again.

After getting it boot up, it was then getting the message 'enter privacy protection password to unlock'. This was another known issue with the THL 5000, so I formatted and flashed the phone with the original ROM downloaded from the THL website. The only other issue after that was that the IMEIs for both SIM card slots were unrecognisable, so I put them in manually, but she's still getting errors on them and a constant message of 'searching for network'.

The biggest problem is that the phone keeps restarting itself when it locks and the screen powers down. To prevent this, she'll keep a .gif on loop when she's not using it just to make sure that the screen remains open.

The phone isn't rooted and currently has Android 4.4.2 installed. I'm really not sure if this is a hardware or Android issue, but was wondering if anybody had any similar experiences with the same or other Android phones, or whether there was any advice you could give me to help troubleshoot.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If there's any information I've neglected to include, please let me know.

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. DroidRage123

DroidRage123 Newbie
    None

Aug 3, 2016
    Male
    [QUOTE="Tezcatlipoca84, post: 7354037, member: 1075379"

The biggest problem is that the phone keeps restarting itself when it locks and the screen powers down. To prevent this, she'll keep a .gif on loop when she's not using it just to make sure that the screen remains open.
    [/QUOTE]

Can't offer you much info, only replying to say that this exact thing happens sporadically to my phone and it's so frustrating. I have two Android phones, and it repeatedly happens with my SII+ - if anyone replies with help or info, I want to know ! :)

Good luck to you and your fiancee.