• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Keeps Restarting

So every time I turn on my phone after like 40 seconds my phone will restart and I don't know why. I've tried factory resetting the phone via holding the volume up, home and power buttons. It says it factory resets the phone, but it really doesn't. I've also tried replacing the battery and shutting off the phone and turning it on again, but they both didn't work either. One thing that I noticed about it though is that it gets warm like between the front and back cameras on either side but not anywhere else. If someone can tell me what's wrong with my phone it would be greatly appreciated.

It probably could ne the firmware needs to be fixed try reflashing the firmware via odin and see if that fixes the issue
I have the same problem as the previous poster. The note 4 will occasionally restart by itself, but the biggest problem is freezing, sometimes up to a minute or two, sometimes requiring a forced reboot. The problems seem to come in spasms, sometimes with no issues for up to several hours. Perhaps unrelated, but I am getting full-page popup ads never gotten before. Does a firmware reflash cause data to be lost? Exactly which Odin app are you referring to? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem as the previous poster. The note 4 will occasionally restart by itself, but the biggest problem is freezing, sometimes up to a minute or two, sometimes requiring a forced reboot. The problems seem to come in spasms, sometimes with no issues for up to several hours. Perhaps unrelated, but I am getting full-page popup ads never gotten before. Does a firmware reflash cause data to be lost? Exactly which Odin app are you referring to? Thanks.
On pc called Samsumg Odin you can also but tge Samsung Package disabler to disable system apps and free up cpu and ram usage this is another suggestion since samsung and other devs updated their apps to require much more horsepower from the cpu causing issues like what your having

Upvote 0
If a new battery didn't help, you might try a different launcher... the native TouchWiz is a total pos, and causes all kinds of problems, including constant crashes and reboots. I fixed multiple issues on several phones/tablets by simply installing a custom launcher off the play store. They control a LOT of things within the OS, and TouchWiz it the worst of the lot imho. After trying several, I settled on Nova.

Worth a shot anyway, and certainly easy enough to uninstall (as any other app).
Best of luck to ya!!!

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones