1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone keeps restarting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cdavid01, Jan 15, 2012.

1. cdavid01

cdavid01 Lurker
    None

Dec 26, 2011
    I'm not sure what's going on, but just recently my phone has been restarting itself randomly throughout the day/night. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums, cdavid01.

Spontaneous reboots are often caused by conflicts between syncing apps/widgets and their services. There's a huge resource drain, so the device shuts off and restarts.

I'd suspect the few latest installed 3rd party apps. One thing to do is go into application manager and have a look at what's running, and start paring down, even uninstalling apps/widgets which are suspect. If the annoyance stops, and you need the app or widget you've removed, try reconfiguring it to not autosync (weather? social networking such as Facebook, Twitter? News? Gmail? etc).

cdavid01 likes this.
  3. dmmcallister26

None

Nov 18, 2011
    I believe its an issue and will probably be an update to fix this soon. From looking in the internet you are not alone. I too am in the same situation with my commando. However i hadn't installed any new apps when my phone started to do this. Have noticed that it restarts more when its idle for about 10 - 20 min. About 6 months ago my phone did an update, not the gingerbread either, and ever since then i have had the problem.