• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone keeps restarting!

RoboticOtter

May 18, 2012
I have looked at other threads and didn't really see anything helpful. For awhile now my phone has been randomly restarting during the day. Sometimes up to 3 times at once. It never used to do this. I've looked around and have seen some others say that it could be a bad app that is causing it. I think this could be the problem but I have installed so many apps since it started that I wouldn't know which one is causing it.

The phone goes into a soft reboot not a full one. It doesn't show the Samsung boot logo or anything. It's just black and then I hear the start up sound and my lock screen appears. My phone is rooted with Mr. X stock Telus rom with CIQ removed on it. I had it rooted for quite awhile before this happend so I can't see why there would be a software problem.

So I'm wondering what my options are. If it is just an app how can I find out which one? I've tried alogcat but it's all just jibberish that I don't understand. And it's even been running when my phone has crashed. I thought something would stand out on it. Guess not... :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones