1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone Keeps Turning Audio Back On

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spirrwell, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Spirrwell

Spirrwell Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2014
    I'm really getting extremely annoyed that my phone will randomly turn sound back on when I turn it off. Specifically tap\notification sounds. I'm tired of being woken up by my stupid phone when it will notify me of some Facebook message I get at 3 AM, and I hate feeling like I'm being disrespectful to others if I'm in a waiting room.

It will happen randomly, sometimes it takes days for it to come back on, and sometimes I'll turn off the sound and not even a minute later it will come back on.

It's been like this since I got this phone a little over a year ago. I'm fed up and frustrated. I don't want to do some wonky workaround, I just want my phone to be set to what I set it to and stay that way until I change it. It's driving me nuts.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Are you sure you're settings for Ringtone, notifications, and media are all off?

3. Spirrwell

Spirrwell Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2014
    You can see plain as day, I have it set to silent here:

[​IMG]

You can also see it here:

[​IMG]

The volume buttons on this phone do not work until after you've entered your pin, unless you're playing music. So it's not possible that I hit a button accidentally to cause it, especially when it happens even while I'm sleeping. It happens as I'm typing in my pin number some times. I'll be typing and then the touch sounds will magically turn on, and it will set the volume to this:

[​IMG]

It randomly does this, and I'm just getting flat out sick of it.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    I'm thinking something has corrupted your volumes.
    Have you tried a factory reset?

5. af4jm

af4jm Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2017
    I'm seeing a similar issue, but affecting the media volume only. Every time the phone disconnects from Bluetooth, media volume goes to max, and at random other times also. It's happened while media volume is off or while it's low, while I'm watching in browser or apps (including YouTube & Sling). All smart settings are disabled. as they don't make sense for me.

6. ItzHaunT

ItzHaunT Member
    None

Sep 23, 2017
    Male
    U.S
    Does this happen with certain apps, or just any random app?

If there are only certain apps that do this go to your settings and navigate to that app. Change the notification settings to block.

LG G4

The LG G4 was launched in 2015. It has a 5.5-inch IPS display and a 16MP camera with Laser Auto Focus and Color Spectrum Sensor. It has a 3,000 mAh removable battery and expandable storage. The G4 can be customized with 6 different leather back covers, and 3 different traditional back covers.