1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone keeps vibrating unnecessarily

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nsguy1350, Dec 17, 2012.

1. nsguy1350

nsguy1350 Newbie

I have my phone set on vibrate at all times. After I receive a message, it vibrates normally. However, sometimes, it continues to vibrate, repeating every 1-2 seconds, and will not stop unless I either (1) press the power on, after which it may vibrate erratically for maybe 1/2 second or (2) shake the phone (yes, literally shaking the phone stops the vibration sometimes.) Once, I counted 19 straight vibrations, before I turned the power on to stop it. I've never heard of this kind of thing happening. I suspect, since shaking can stop the problem, that this may be due to a defect in the phone's vibration motor (or whatever it is that makes it vibrate.) This only started happening recently (a few weeks ago, and I've had my phone for almost 5 months now.)

So, has anyone experienced this before? If so, how can this be fixed? Should I just go claim my warranty (or metroguard, or something to get my phone replaced)? Also, since I rooted my phone, my warranty is voided. How can I unroot my phone if I am to go claim my warranty? One last question: how can I save all my apps (including apps that require root) and transfer them to my new phone, if I get a new one?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews