• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone keyboard -T9 typing.

Haste75

Jul 1, 2010
So i just experimented with the phone style keyboard and old fashioned t-9 texting...boy its fast.

I've not used T-9 in around 4 years now, and can do it perfectly still.

Before tonight i was using swype and it was cool and a novelty, but it certainly doesnt seem to be easier than this method. The only problem i have is that it feels like im going back in time to an old fashioned method and im not using the phone to its fullest.

Was just wondering what everyone elses thoughts were on the topic?

I'd love to be able to use T9 in portrait and full qwerty in landscape as per some Nokias but can't see to do it that way. Instead I just use qwerty complete with some slight mistakes in potrait mode due to fat fingers!

This might be achievable through the app tasker? Seems like it would be a very usefull one to implement, but way above my expertise level.

Upvote 0
I'd love to be able to use T9 in portrait and full qwerty in landscape as per some Nokias but can't see to do it that way. Instead I just use qwerty complete with some slight mistakes in potrait mode due to fat fingers!

I prefer T9 so use it. It is T9 when in portrait but if I tilt the phone to landscape, it automatically changes to full qwerty!!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones