1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

phone lagging & changing info on different batteries

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    sometimes i can leave the same battery in the phone and charge it every night. then all sudden it starts acting up, lagging, changing dates, freezing up alot. when i restart it it always wants to know if i should send message to htc. saying the phone was improperly shut down, i shut it down the correct way.

when i change batteries, the phone lags, freezes up alot. its getting really bad where i can't even rely on the phone

anyone else have this problem???? when should the batteries be replaced?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    When the amount of charge they hold is no longer enough for your needs. If you need the battery to last 12 hours between charges, you're going to replace it more often than someone who needs it to last 4 hours between charges.

If you condition the battery properly when you first get it (3 full charge cycles, 3 full discharge cycles), it should last at least 2 years before you start to notice any change in time between charges for the same usage pattern. (I have a few 10 year old batteries for one of my old phones that still give me about 90% capacity, and one that seems to give me about 100% of capacity. I have even older batteries that still work - unfortunately phones didn't have GPS in them back then, so while the batteries are still usable, the phones aren't.)