• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone launches on speaker

flyjbaker

Android Expert
Oct 17, 2009
Whether I am initiating a call or receiving one....it defaults to speaker ON and I have to turn it off. It started this while on King's GB R4 so I figured it was the ROM. So I flashed a stock ROM...same thing. I cleared all caches....same thing...reset....same thing. Flashed one of Mik's Roms....same thing.

Is there a very simple setting that I am missing??? Obviously the phone is still useable but it sure is irritating to have to turn off the speaker every time you want to use the phone....unless of course you want the speaker on....

Any ideas???

The same thing happened to me, on a different ROM though. I found out that it is actually in car dock mode, I believe it is a hardware issue but I never really found out. Eventually it just stopped, I think it was about a week or two I put up with it.

You can try freezing/deleting the com.android.cardock apk also anything else you see that has to do with car home/car dock. That may work.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't read it yet but thanks for the link. I remembered that I hadn't tried a restore of a nand so I did that thinking it would definitely fix it....no dice....still messed up. Looks like I will have to unroot and take it in. Still barely inside a year!!! Now, off to read that link....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones