• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Locked (Froze) Up Last Night

luckywabbit

Jun 1, 2012
Okay, so this is my first Android phone, and I have had the S3 for a couple weeks already. I have alarms setup in the morning for work, so I need them to be working! The past two weeks, the phone has not given me any trouble until this morning.

Anyway, this morning I woke up on my own (lucky me) and checked my phone for the time. It didn't respond, so i was wondering what the heck happened. First thought was that I was late to work, but lucky for me I wasn't. So, the phone was completely frozen, it wouldn't respond to my presses on the power button. The red LED charge indicator was on. I unplugged in my phone, and the red LED indicator remained on and I still couldn't use my phone. I had to hold the power button down to restart the phone.

Question, is it possible to check any kind of logs, or know what happen or what program may have caused the phone to lock up. I would hate for this to happen again and I am really late for work. Anyone else has issues where the phone locks up. I would hate to use a second device as an alarm backup.

Okay, it happened again this morning while, weird. This time I had a blue LED blinking so I thought it wasn't frozen, but I couldn't activate through power or home button. Placing a call into my phone didn't work as well. Sounds like it's the same issue. I hope they issue that fix soon, not sure why it happen to me two times in 24 hours.

Upvote 0
I think I may have pinpointed the issue to a program (ESPN Sports Center). After uninstalling it, I stopped having the issue, though, I did experience it one more time afterwards (maybe Facebook), so I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. It has worked flawlessly for at least 2 weeks without an issue though, so check any recently installed programs if they are causing issues. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones