1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone locked while downloading Android update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nutsonmercs, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Nutsonmercs

Nutsonmercs Lurker

I woke at about 4am and found the following on the screen of my phone. I had been watching Netflix and fell asleep. When I awoke this was on the screen of my phone. I didn't do anything to update it . It did it automatically. It's been like this for 6 hours now!! Any ideas as to what has happened and what to do? Phone had been playing up for about 3 days before . Screen would lock and unlock and every so often it would restart itself. Reluctant to pull the battery to see if it will restart but will need to take sim out eventually. Any help appreciated. Pete. IMG_20181127_093459.jpg IMG_20181127_093505.jpg

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

System status: CUSTOM

Have you rooted or otherwise modified this Note 4 at all? It looks like it maybe corrupted, and needs the the firmware to be re-flashed.

3. Nutsonmercs

Nutsonmercs Lurker

I've not done anything to it.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Ahh i seen this before it used to happen when i flash a custom recovery thats currupt, when i installed a working version it would boot as normal, but it could be that the stock revovery must off gotton currupted during the update, the only way to fix this is to reflash the firmware via odin go to https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model to download the appropriate firmware to flash

However the system status will return back to official when you reflash via odin and no worries knox is not tripped

ArcherSF likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews