• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone lost, has no wifi and is dead!

AJST

Lurker
Mar 28, 2016
I know I have it but I have tried all the resources like Google Location, etc. Can anyone help me? It has been lost since March 26th, and I really need to back up the photos. The battery lasts like 30 minutes. I know I have it but I really need a resource that doesn't require Internet access or battery power. Any help is severely appreciated so thanks to whoever can help me! I will take this down if I find it before then.

Any smartphone can connect to it surroundings through various means but with no power it's basically an inert object. If you lost it taking a walk there's nothing that distinguishes it from a similarly sized rock. At this point with no power there's no WiFi, nor 2G/3G/4G/LTE connectivity, there's not even a Bluetooth signal being emitted that you could use to locate it or even remotely access it.
If you were using something like Google Photos as your media manager or Dropbox as an online backup/sync service your photos might be online but from what you've described unless you can recall where you might have lost it so you physically go out and find it, you just won't be able to use any online method to connect to it in any way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones