1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Phone Marks and Xmarks problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smileman, Feb 11, 2011.

1. smileman

smileman Well-Known Member

Probably a better forum for this question (e.g., Google Chrome), but I thought I'd try here:

Google Chrome version (type about:version into the address bar):Operating System:Error Message:Extensions installed:
    Please describe your question/comment in detail (for example, steps to reproduce the problem):

I'm using Google chrome browser on my personal Mac Book Air and several different Windows machines. To keep my bookmarks in sync across these machines I installed Xmarks.

I also have a Nexus S, and to sync my bookmarks between it and my Air I installed PhoneMarks.

A few of my bookmarks are replicating. It seems to be occurring with the ones in my folders and chrome's default "other bookmarks" folder.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Smileman, you might want to try the app 'Chrome to phone' on your Nexus S. This is Google's own application and extension which should sync the bookmarks from your phone to Chrome instantly. I think it's better to use Google's than a third party.

3. smileman

smileman Well-Known Member

I use Chrome to Phone, but I don't think it syncs bookmarks. It just seds whatever web page you're looking at on your desktop/laptop to your Nexus S.

I've since uninstalled Xmarks and Phonemarks. Chrome and the Android browser on the Nexus S should really have full sync built in. I know that my Chrome folders aren't being synced.

Hopefully perfect syncing between Chrome & Android will come soon.

4. danetweedale

danetweedale Newbie

To sync your chromes on your computers use the built in Google thing. Just sign in with your google address on all your chrome browsers and it will sync your bookmarks, folders, passwords, extensions ect between each chrome