• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone memory dropping - need to clean out

maxsteele

Feb 21, 2010
I believe an app I installed put over 20 megs of space on my phone's memory (not the SD card) and when I uninstalled it, it did not remove it.

I have an un-rooted phone.

What is the best file manager to use to access the phone memory and see where the issue is, and allow me to delete it myself?

Sometimes after you uninstall something it doesn't show the free space right away. Try rebooting your phone and it should show that the memory is back.

The best file manager I have found it Astro.

On a side note, does anyone know how much memory I can use before I start running into problems and slowdowns? I try to keep it at under half the memory used right now, but it's been creeping up lately. According to the internal memory widget I'm using 69 out of 159 mb right now and no probs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones