1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root phone memory full after fresh install

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by quicksilver74, Oct 31, 2010.

1. quicksilver74

quicksilver74 New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    ok, i'm fairly new to the whole rooting thing but i managed to get my Evo rooted with unrevoked and then loaded Fresh 3.3 on it a week or so later. i did a couple of back ups using titanium back up, one of the stock ROM and one with the fresh ROM. i kept these on the SD card but i think i should move them to my computer b/c they are large files.

what should i have done once i installed Fresh 3.3? is there something on the root of the SD card i should have deleted? i dont have the space to update to the fresh 3.4 right now and would liek to get it updated ASAP.

i know i'm missing something so if anyone can point me in teh right direction i would appreciate it!

thanks!

Advertisement

2. If you back up your ROM and have the original .zip file on your SD card, then you just have a redundant data taking up twice as much space as it should. I keep all of my ROMs, kernels, themes, etc. in a folder on my computer, then add what I need to my phone to flash it. Create a nandroid of a stable ROM, keep it on your phone, then move the Fresh .zip back off of your phone. Hope that makes sense.

Tags: