• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone misbehaving after it nearly reset itself.

rock278

Lurker
Sep 20, 2015
Hi, this is my first time on Android Forums.

A hour ago, my phone asked me to enter a code because my device was encrypted. Airplane mode was on and I couldn't do anything. When I failed to get the boot screen up because my volume button is broken it started normally and let me interact with everything, no code needed.
But shortly after(or now) applications are starting to stop or crash, sometimes it spams the message so much I have to reboot my phone AGAIN just to clear them up. This has happened before around a year ago. Apps that are closing repeatedly are:
Google Services
Appbrain Ad Detecter(Adware detector)
Location Based WiFi

And just now when I went to unlock my phone:
my Xperia
com.google.process.gapps

Mostly gapps and Google Services spam the message box..
Is this corruption? I don't want to hard reset but I might have to. Like I said, this fixed itself before and I just saved it from a auto reset.

Thanks,

Note: I don't know if I have Xperia S, I can't seem to find the model I have.

Update: I rebooted again and it asked me to enter the code again, I shut it off again then showed the battery charging thing, I shut it off AGAIN and it's asking for the code. I'll keep on trying and if I manage to get past this again I'm gathering all my files.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones