1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone missing some stuff?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Huchiama, May 4, 2012.

1. Huchiama

Huchiama Lurker

I've just recently gotten my HTC Evo 4G, and I was excited. I had the phone before but unfortunately it was stolen from me by a dude who is in prison now :) (Apparently he had a long list of things he had done, but this doesn't matter, they were unable to get my phone)

Anyways, I noticed that when I long pressed I could not change to the Swype keyboard and even further, I didn't even get the option to Input Method on it.

This was not the case 2 days ago when I received the phone(before I activated it) but not it seems that things are missing, because I do not even have the stock apps and the other 'useless' pre-installed things that people complain about on this forum(Yes, I am complaining about not having the stocks app.)

I've gone through my phone, and tried to use the superuser application, but nothing even shows up under 'Apps' which I think is wrong because I have plenty of apps on my phone(that I haven't even downloaded yet)

Please help me, I'm mostly interested in figuring out why my 'Input Method' doesn't appear when I long press a text box(I've tried on several texts boxes, including ones from Apps which have worked with my previous HTC Evo 4g when I've wanted to switch to and from Swype)

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Going to need some more info.

1. Is the Phone Rooted?
    2. What is the Hboot?
    3. Did You Accept and OTA?
    4. Did you Download Superuser app or was it already on the phone?

Touch input method will only show up if you have 2 or more keyboards.

3. Huchiama

Huchiama Lurker

Well, for starters, I don't use Sprint. I've had it flashed over to MetroPCS, I don't know if this affects anything, but like I stated earlier, I was not having this problem with my last phone, which came with Swype already on the phone.

1. I believe it was rooted(This is what S-off means, correct?)
    2. The Hboot is 6.16.1002
    3. I don't know what those are
    4. As far as I'm concerned, Superuser was already on here.

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

phone is rooted. Shouldn't matter which network your on as far as apps on the phone. OTA = Over the Air Update

I believe you can dl swype from the market. I use Go Keyboard myself.

You may even be able to dl a ROM with swype in it extract it load it on phone and side install it. (use a file manager like Root Explorer to install the file)

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews