• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone never sleeps

gripweed

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2010
So I got my new incredible. They over nighted me one because mine won't stop rebooting.

Set everything up last night, check it this morning...

Up Tim 12 hours
Awake Time 11 hours and 50 minutes.

I did all my usual settings, things update every 4 hours or not at all.

I go into apps/running services and WeatherChannel (have a widget on), Astrid Tasks (have a widget on), Messages, Calendar, Google Services Framework, Skype (which I've never signed into), Facebook, News and Weather, Sync Service, and Touch Input have all been awake for the 11 hours and 50 minutes.

The weather channel and astrid I can understand because I got widgets. But Skype and Facebook? Also why is it constantly syncing? It should only sync when I add/change/delete something, right?

Any help?

I do have background data checked in the sync settings. I'd imagine if I turn that off then it'd stop it, but do I have to turn that on everytime I want to use an app or will it just override it when I tell it to sync/update?

Nope and my battery didn't even lose a bar. Weird.

Anyways, I think I fixed it. I opened up all of those apps and the 'Accept' screens came up and what not, so it seems like maybe they were constantly running until I went in there and logged in and set them up or what not. Who knows.

It's now been running 3 hours longer than it's been awake, so I must of gotten it back to normal.

Upvote 0

Anyways, I think I fixed it. I opened up all of those apps and the 'Accept' screens came up and what not, so it seems like maybe they were constantly running until I went in there and logged in and set them up or what not. Who knows.

It's now been running 3 hours longer than it's been awake, so I must of gotten it back to normal.

cool... all else fails install batteryleft, it has a partial wake meter

Upvote 0

I've seen this a couple of times. I don't know the cause, but I'm pretty sure that the phone is incorrectly reporting awake time. If your phone really was awake for nearly 12 hours you would have seen significant battery drainage.

I can't remember if I've had to do anything (power cycle or battery pull) to fix it, but I don't think it hasn't ever lasted more than a day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones