• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone never sleeps

A

Android Question

My droid 4 doesn't seem to be going into sleep mode anymore. The battery details chart shows its awake for the entire time. BetterBatteryStats shows *sync*_com.google.android.gms.reminders_Account, .gms.fitness_Account, and .gms.confirm_Account as keeping the phone on for 33% each. I couldn't find anything about those on google. I tried turning off location services in google settings, but that doesn't seem to have helped. Any ideas?

Yes, that's just the way this section works. I'd have to ask the forum admin for the back story, but my guess is that they don't want replies to be a free-for-all for unregistered members as that would be an open invitation for drive-by spammers. And since there's no reliable way of checking that an unregistered member is the same person who posted the original question (most won't have static IPs) it's simplest to require registration to reply.

That's my theory anyway. Glad your problem is fixed, and welcome to the forum :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones