1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone no longer rooted?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheRealMillah, May 4, 2012.

1. TheRealMillah

TheRealMillah Member

So I was trying to get my phone to tether to my tablet by following the directions in this post:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...blet-via-infrastructure-mode.html#post4333940

I couldn't figure it out so I gave up. My regular tethering app still seemed to be working fine and I didn't change any settings on it. I turned the tethering off and when I tried to use it again later it was asking me if I was rooted and it would not work. Titan Backup doesn't work along with some of my other "root only" apps I'm not sure what I could have done for my phone to think its not longer rooted and Super User is still showing up in my app list.

2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Hmmmm, did you install an update by chance? I would try to install a CWM backup if you made one. If not, use Odin and flash a rooted version.

Thread has been moved to the rooted section.

3. TheRealMillah

TheRealMillah Member

No backup. So should I just use Odin to to root my phone like it was never rooted?

4. wetbiker7

That would be an easy fix instead of trying to troubleshoot it. If it were me, that's what I would do. Then again I'm very accustomed to using Odin too. Your call. Anytime that my phone starts acting up I'll just use Odin and re-install everything from scratch that way I know that it's taken care of and I won't need to worry about it again.

Make sure that you copy all of your pics, music and anything that you don't want to lose to a PC first if you decide to use Odin. There's a good chance that you won't lose it but just do it to be on the safe side.;)

5. 76ford90lx

76ford90lx Guest

And after you follow the advice of wetbiker do yourself a big favor and make a backup :D

wetbiker7 likes this.
  6. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

and if getting into this full tilt, make backup every time you do something /anything new and then back up and save to pc so can revert back if mess something up. (yes can try just about anything and if not working good or right just restore before what did). then rename backups (WITH NO SPACES) and will know what they are for later use!!!:D:D:D

wetbiker7 likes this.
  7. wetbiker7

Thanks for adding that fellas. Making a backup is a must after using Odin. It will save you a lot of time if anything were to go wrong.

8. 76ford90lx

76ford90lx Guest

Yes backups are a must!!!! I actually never did a backup on froyo and shabby, I was lucky enough to never need one. But I currently have several backups of various CTMod's I actually just deleted 2gigs of backups from my SD card and I still have a bunch remaining I can't even count the times those backups and CWM has saved me a ton of heartache and from having to start all over.

"Oh crap, what did I do??"

*kouma. CT. Vibe. Kouma. CT. Vibe. Kouma. CT. Vibe*

"Oh well... no biggie.....screw it......."

recovery/restore/happy camper :D

9. jwh42000

jwh42000 Android Enthusiast

I downloaded wireless tether from the market for our tablets works like a champ. Just go into your settings when you connect your tablet and allow the connection

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews