1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone not acting as normal...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HTCWiseman, Aug 15, 2011.

1. HTCWiseman

HTCWiseman Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    The phone is rooted and thats it, still running stock android 2.2 os

Some of the apps dont load properly anymore (as of today) and widgets say "loading..." and that never changes... The SD card is brand new like 1 month old and sometimes i get the notification that the SD card is faulty and needs formatting... Problem is all my apps are on the SD card so if i format i will have to download and install all the apps again (would be easier to factory reset but I will loose super user etc...)

Is it as simple as getting a new SD card?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    A factory reset will not unroot your phone. However, if the problem is that the SD card is faulty then a factory reset also won't change that.

However, widgets don't work if the app is moved to the SD card - they might work when you first move the app, but you'll lose them the when you reboot. So before you worry about formatting the card, move any apps with widgets back to the phone and reboot - that should fix that problem. Of course if the app is already on the phone then that's not the cause, but that would also mean that that particular problem is not due to the card.

If you do need to format the card for any reason, you could always back the card up to a computer, format it, then copy the files back. If you do this, make sure you get all files, including those whose name starts with a ".". If you have moved apps to SD you will have a directory called .android_secure on the card, so if you can't see that from your computer check your file browser is set to show all files including system or "hidden" files.

3. HTCWiseman

HTCWiseman Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    none of my widgets are on my SD card (most of my apps are tho) should have made it clear tbh

The prolem has gone now... It was strange... I didnt do anything i just keep rebooting it and it fixed itself

4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    OK, odd. I occasionally have one widget take a long time to start after a reboot - if left alone it usually fixes itself eventually, but I sometimes lack patience and just remove and re-add it. Keep an eye on it I guess.

Tags: