• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone not automatically making web pages fit screen, help pls.

Hi

I have a first generation moto E which I love but there is one problem.
When I pull up a web page, it's often a bit too small to read, as I have bad eyesight.
On all my old android phones, I could enlarge the writing on the page, and I would not need to horizontally scroll, as the phone would automatically put less words on each line, making the page automatically fit the screen, which was handy.
Now, when I make the letters on the page a bit bigger, the page won't fit, so I have to scroll horizontally each time I read a line and it is a right pain, it puts me off viewing the web.
Does anyone have a solution for this please?
I'vve looked through the settings, but cannot find anything that would sort my problem out.
Many thanks

yeah, somewhere around 4.4.2 word wrap was deleted, and that is just about the most stupid thing I can think of.

some browsers will do word wrapping , on some sites, but not others...

I usually have to flip to Landscape mode and do the pinch 'n spread thing, but that don't help a lot if the original font is 8 points. just not enough spread available.

some websites offer a 'font size setting'...
it depends on the type of themes that the websites choose.

I created a website for a friend with WordPress, and it automatically adjusts for cellphones w/o me having to do anything special to the coding.... In fact, there isn't any coding. The theme I chose is a "point and click" thing that gives you "WYSIWYG" just like the editor does here that we are using Now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones