1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone not charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Feliine, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Feliine

Feliine Lurker

Hello everyone. So yesterday after i came back from the gym and plugged in my GS3 for charging i realized something was wrong. It wasn't charging. I slid my back cover off and my phone was a little wet from the inside i guess because of the sweat. I cleaned it with a kleenex but still no luck. Buried it in the bag of rice overnight. When i tried it today the charging started just for a few seconds and then no luck :(
    Please help me if there is anything else i can do at home. Can't go to the store till the weekend.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Feliine

Feliine Lurker

Anyoneee?!!

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hello and welcome Feliine:)
    Do you have another cord to try?
    Does this happen charging via computer or wall charger?
    Did you clean the battery contacts also?
    Try plugging it in without the battery, then insert battery.
    Does it fail charging when phone is off or on or both?

4. Feliine

Feliine Lurker

Thank you. :)
    Yes i tried with a spare charger still the same. And it's happening with the wall charger I didn't tried it via computer. I cleaned it thoroughly. I'll try plugging it without battery as you said i just hope it works :( it's still in the rice.. I'll try to keep it there atleast fr 48 hours. And yes, whether it's on or off, there's no activity regarding battery. Is there anything else i could do if the rice trick doesn't works even after 48 hours? Thank you so much.

5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Not that comes to mind, but I find it hard to believe that a little moisture/sweat would cause this. :thinking:
    Although I have heard about odd things happening to a device when it got a little moisture inside of it, whether it be from sweat, or just in a steamy bathroom when someone showers.

Well, if I think of something else, I'll post back here.
    How old is the battery itself?

6. Feliine

Feliine Lurker

Exactly. That's what breaks my heart the most. I've seen people getting their phone back to normal even after diving with it inside the pools :/
    I bought this phone in Jan 2013 and since then I've been using this battery with not a single tiny bit of a problem.

7. Feliine

Feliine Lurker

Okay, so i tried with the PC the phone is charging but extremely slow. It's on 17% since the last 15 mins :/ and it won't charge thru wall charger

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews