• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone not immediately dialing out; keyboard not typing immediately

Hello there-

I think is is my first post or so, but I'm having some trouble.

I have a rooted HTC EVO 4G, and for about two weeks now I've had two strange issues:

1) I'll go to place a call, either by selecting somebody from my contacts, somebody from my call history, or dialing numbers, and when I hit call nothing happens. I'll have to wait about 20 seconds until it springs back to life.

Solutions I've tried:
-Uninstalled any apps that I installed since this happened
-Signed out of Google Voice

Nothing works.

2) When I go to reply to a message (sometimes), the keyboard pops up but when I hit keys nothing happens, it's basically the same problem as problem 1 except with keys.

Can anybody give me a solution please?

Hello there-

I think is is my first post or so, but I'm having some trouble.

I have a rooted HTC EVO 4G, and for about two weeks now I've had two strange issues:

1) I'll go to place a call, either by selecting somebody from my contacts, somebody from my call history, or dialing numbers, and when I hit call nothing happens. I'll have to wait about 20 seconds until it springs back to life.

Solutions I've tried:
-Uninstalled any apps that I installed since this happened
-Signed out of Google Voice

Nothing works.

2) When I go to reply to a message (sometimes), the keyboard pops up but when I hit keys nothing happens, it's basically the same problem as problem 1 except with keys.

Can anybody give me a solution please?

I would start with going to recovery and wiping Davlik-cache and cache. What rom are you currently running?

Edit: Frenchy beat me to it!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones