1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone not listening for OK Google

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Scott216, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Scott216

Scott216 Newbie

When I'm on my Nexus 5 home screen the phone should be listening for "OK Google", but it doesn't. I'm running snapdragon batteryguru. Could this have turned off this feature? Any way I can see what batteryguru has turned off?

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Easiest thing to check is to make sure you have the listening on. Hold down a place where there isn't a widget on the home screen and go into the settings menu

3. Scott216

Scott216 Newbie

I did that and Google Now is on.

4. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

On that Google Now page click Voice. Then make sure "Hotword detection" is on

5. Scott216

Scott216 Newbie

Hotword detection is enabled.

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Have you actually tried saying OK Google? Or are you just looking for the text prompt, because that's temporary

7. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

Do you have the language set as English US? It doesn't work if set as English UK.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. zipred

zipred Android Expert

In addition, after setting Language to U.S. English, you'll get lots more information than if you type in commands via it's region specific settings.

I used to despise Siri, conversely I love and use Google Now daily.

It rapidly continues to become more useful the more you use it. After just one week it's a very impressive tool for more uses than I would have imagined. I can only imagine how great it will be in another month.

Rxpert83 likes this.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews