1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Phone not reading internal SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by juan12456, Feb 23, 2012.

1. juan12456

juan12456 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    My LG Esteem is not recognizing the internal SD card. it is only using the internal memory. Was using idifta's ics themed rom, i thought maybe that was the problem so i switched to gingersteem extreme and it still does the same thing. It's weird because i can still see my pictures and videos... and when i go to recovery the phone can still use the internal sd card. but when i download things it saves them to the internal memory and not the sd card.......... help ? :)

also usb connectivity with pc doesnt work.................................................... is my phone broken?

Advertisement

2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Detroit,Michigan
    USB connect was an issue ongoing for GSE 1.5 but fixed in 2.2 I thought.

If you are downloading from your browser it will usually save everything to internal by default. Use https://market.android.com/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&hl=en
    from the market(like a windows file explorer for your phone) to see whats downloaded and you can move(copy & paste) from folder to folder within your phone. A easier setting to change somewhere probably but have gotten used to doing it this way:D

3. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Cameron Park
    With a file manager look in /sdcard/_ExternalSD. Trust me it's there.

Tags: