1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

phone not receiving txt messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jrenzoni, Jul 30, 2011.

1. jrenzoni

jrenzoni Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    i need your help guys, my phone is not receiving txt messages, it will receive and make phone calls, i can access the internet. it will do everything but get txts.

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Are you rooted and on a custom ROM? If you could give us a little background information that would help us to help you.

If you are on a custom ROM, hopefully you have a Nandroid backup to your stock Android 2.1 with HTC Sense. First, make a Nandroid backup of your current setup, then restore back to the stock Android 2.1 with HTC Sense Nandroid where you can then update your Profile and PRL and then attempt to receive and send text messages. That should fix the issue. After that, just restore the Nandroid back to the ROM you were previously on.

3. jrenzoni

jrenzoni Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    i couldn't get the stock nandroid to load so i flashed the stock ruu. everything seems to work fine now. ill reroot and flash the rom i was using.

4. LBPHeretic

None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Good to hear. Your problem was most likely related to needing the Profile and PRL updated.

Since AOSP type ROMs do not have the facility to update those things, you have to flash back to an HTC Sense ROM to do it. I hope all goes well with getting your handset rooted again and so forth.

5. jrenzoni

jrenzoni Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    thanks yeah i think thats what i needed to do. can you recommend a good sense rom.

6. LBPHeretic

None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    I always liked Liquid Sense 2.1. It is a ROM stripped of bloatware and made more efficient to run on the Sprint HTC Hero.

There is an Android 2.3 based HTC Sense ROM in the works called Sensible Gingerbread, but it is a work in progress. I would wait until it is more stable to use it as a daily driver.

Tags: