1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone not recieving calls and having extremely bad quality calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by squee934, May 3, 2011.

1. squee934

squee934 Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    I literally just got the Optimus S two days ago.
    I'm already not recieving calls and when I finally do get those calls the quality is so bad. The other person has a hard time hearing me or/and I can't hear them very well (Like talking to someone in a tunnel). In one case, I was talking to my friend and suddenly the couldn't hear me hardly at all. I had to hang up and begin the phone call all over again. (BTW: I get great signal where I am. Always have full bars)
    Also, it will suddenly stops loading my apps. For example, I'll pull up Twitter and it just loads and loads. Nothing happens and it says it can't recieve the data. I had to restart my phone again.

I haven't had any other trouble except it can be a little choppy and slow, but that's what I already expected really.

Any help would be awesome.
    I wonder if I just got a lemon and need to return it.
    Thank you! :)

Advertisement

2. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Sounds like you might have memory problem or some app acting up. How much internal storage space do you have?

You may need to delete all apps and see if it clears up the problem. Also keep your SMS messages trimmed.

star2011 likes this.
  3. star2011

star2011 Newbie
    None

May 13, 2011
    :)
    maybe you earphone has some problems ,if it is you should replace it with a new one.

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    My wife is having the same issue with her Optimus S. Sometimes the calls will randomly drop, sometimes it will crackle like it is going out-of-signal but she has not left our apartment where there are at least two bars.

She is not running any apps that are out of the ordinary.