• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone not turning on after firmware update

jen2011

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
New to these forums and have searched fruitlessly for a solution to my problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S. Was updating firmware for the phone through Kies when a message came up on the computer saying that the connection had been lost. I was given specific instructions about disconnecting the phone, taking the battery out and turning the phone back on which I followed to the tee but am now left with a phone that has the dreaded mobile phone dot dot warning sign dot dot computer symbol on it. I cannot do a hard reset using either home + volume up + power or home + volume down + power. I have read a few threads with this specific problem but no solution ever given and these threads were close to a year ago so I have started this new one in the hope that I can fix this myself and not have to take my phone to the shop! Any help out there? Cheers Jen

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones