• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone not turning on?

LG Motion wont turn on?

I went on a out of state trip, and during that trip my phone would die really quick. It would say "Slow Charging" So i went out and got a new USB cable. It charged fine. The next day i plugged it in to charge and it said "Download mode, Do not unplug..." I left it alone for like 30 minutes, i came back, it was completely dead, i tried turning it on and nothing. I waited
around another 30 minutes and it turned on and charged fine, It was at 0%. When i got home from my trip, i plugged it in to charge it, my menu buttons just lit up and blinked for a while. I tried turning it on, and it stayed on the LG screen. I unplugged it and turned it on, stuck on LG screen. I tried restarting it (Holding Volume and Lock Button) It went the the "Download Mode" screen. I also tried swapping batteries. Same problem. I plugged the phone in with no battery, lights just blinked. I tried everything! Just not the complete format method, I took pictures during my trip that werent shared because my phone would die so quick. Im trying to recover them!

I know either battery is defective because they worked fine on my sisters phone! I believe my phone needs an update. How can i go about with fixing this?

LG Motion wont turn on?

I went on a out of state trip, and during that trip my phone would die really quick. It would say "Slow Charging" So i went out and got a new USB cable. It charged fine. The next day i plugged it in to charge and it said "Download mode, Do not unplug..." I left it alone for like 30 minutes, i came back, it was completely dead, i tried turning it on and nothing. I waited
around another 30 minutes and it turned on and charged fine, It was at 0%. When i got home from my trip, i plugged it in to charge it, my menu buttons just lit up and blinked for a while. I tried turning it on, and it stayed on the LG screen. I unplugged it and turned it on, stuck on LG screen. I tried restarting it (Holding Volume and Lock Button) It went the the "Download Mode" screen. I also tried swapping batteries. Same problem. I plugged the phone in with no battery, lights just blinked. I tried everything! Just not the complete format method, I took pictures during my trip that werent shared because my phone would die so quick. Im trying to recover them!

I know either battery is defective because they worked fine on my sisters phone! I believe my phone needs an update. How can i go about with fixing this?

Did you save your photos to an external sd? or to the internal storage?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones