1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone not vibrating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by not vexed, Dec 28, 2011.

1. not vexed

not vexed Lurker

Last night my phones vibrate just stopped working. I noticed the soft keys weren't vibrating, went to my settings and checked that haptic feedback was on, and it was. Tried texting and calling myself but still no luck. I factory reset the phone hoping it was an app I had just installed or something, but it wasn't. Still no luck with getting this phone to vibrate anymore. I've had it 3 days so far. Should I contact boost and try to get a replacement or has anyone experienced this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. shunter7

shunter7 Member

Just to make sure.......did you go into settings < sound and make sure that the Vibrate settings under General are set to your preference?

3. kmhicksyy

kmhicksyy Lurker

same exact thing happened to me. i just got this phone and im so mad. i factory reset it twice, cant figure out whats wrong. ughhh i hope someone knows the answer to this problem!!

4. Paul Nerd

Paul Nerd Lurker

Ive had a Android phone not vibrate after a fall down carpeted stairs. Impact can affect the strategically mounted imbalancing weight placed on the simple and tiny flywheel motor which causes our Warp's to vibrate. Ive had my Warp since Nov. if anything, it vibrates too much. On every outgoing call for that matter...

P. nerd

5. RaiderBoost

RaiderBoost Newbie

having the same problem

6. walpow

walpow Well-Known Member

Mine too, it's it's annoying the heck out of me. Anyone know how to make it stop?

7. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member

Try to dig out by go through in the setting menu&#65292;though more trouble than direct answer here&#65292;but also will learn and enjoy more.:+).

8. walpow

walpow Well-Known Member

Don't assume that if someone doesn't know how to do something they didn't try to figure it out. I've been dealing with obscure computer settings (and what are our phones but teeny-tiny computers?) for nearly 40 years. All my dialer settings relating to vibration are off. It still vibrates when I initiate a call.

9. HeroLau

Here is my supposition for this issue:
    1, no H/W issue that say the motor still work in a stable scenario(eg.: initiate a call)

2,So just relate to S/W's stability. but its very few to find the software stable issue reflected in the forum. So mostly its a setting issue.

3, If someone's motor cannot work in any scenario. Ok, I'd like to say please contact with ZTE or Boost for repair or replacement, absolutely the motor is broken already.

Hope can help somes.

10. HeroLau

Ok, if all setting are off still vibrate in any conditions, please ask for repair.

11. outlaw8

outlaw8 Lurker

I am having the same problem. All my settings are set to always vibrate, but it never does. Please help!!

12. kmhicksyy

kmhicksyy Lurker

just wondering if there are anymore suggestions for the original question. my phone is still not vibrating and i'm certain that it isn't from taking a fall and my vibrate settings are on. in fact, now i cant take the phone out of silent mode, neither from the sound settings menu nor the side volume button. are there any other possible reasons or ways to fix this? thank you for any suggestions.

13. Table83

Table83 Newbie

My phone wasn't vibrating for text, and the solution was :
    go the messaging app, press the settings button, choose settings, vibrate (3rd from bottom), and choose anything but never.

When you factory reset using the most recent handset software update tool from ZTE this setting is set like this. Don't know why, but it is.

14. RaiderBoost

RaiderBoost Newbie

didnt help

15. zakariah

zakariah Lurker

my phone wont viberate.... can anyone help me, ive had my phone for 5 days and im freaking out!!

16. HeroLau

I dont understand why no guys answer my question, well ,here more specific:

1, does you phone still vibrate when power on and power off?

2, if yes, your vibrator still work, no broken.

3, if no, ok please ask ZTE for repaire or replacement.

17. Woodstock77

Woodstock77 Android Enthusiast

Dial *983*86# and tell us if the phone vibrates.

18. RaiderBoost

RaiderBoost Newbie

wat is it

19. Woodstock77

Its a factory vibration test. If it doesnt vibrate when you dial that then you have a hardware defect. If it does then it is software and you either have a setting wrong or need to reset to factory.

20. RaiderBoost

RaiderBoost Newbie

said the call cant be completed.

But besides that since this seems to be a common problem do they replace it? wats boots policy?

21. Woodstock77

You arent doing it right. It should pop up a white screen and the vibrate should go on and off repeatedly until you hit the back button. Just enter *983*86# into the dial pad and do not press call.

REFERENCE Secret Dialler Codes&#33; - Android @ MoDaCo

Works on my phone. Anyone else?

22. RaiderBoost

RaiderBoost Newbie

nO vibration. So whats boosts return policy and has boost or zte spoken out about this? seems common. i mean ive had it for 3 weeks and have yet to drop it

23. Woodstock77

Call boost and ask them. I have no idea.

24. RaiderBoost

RaiderBoost Newbie

man that sucks if they wont exchange it. im gonna be heated

25. adamzeliasz

adamzeliasz Lurker

I've contacted ZTE's customer support, and they suggested to use the 'Online Upgrade Tool' at the zteusa's site; found under the ZTE Warp product, and then the product support tab.

I'll try it when I get home but that's what they suggested. I hope this helps!

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews