• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone notification ringtone going on nonstop

KwlAznKid

Jan 2, 2014
this is by far the weirdest problem i've ever had on my phone..

as of yesterday my phone has been playing a notification/alert ringtone nonstop, it's not even my ringtone i use for my alarm it's the default verizon ringtone (which is not what i use for my calls or anything), there are no apps running and no popup on the screen the song just keeps playing.

i tried restarting my phone and it stops for a bit but then it would start again (ranging from 5min to 45 min after restarting the phone)

i have to keep my phone on vibrate or silent now since that's the only way to not have my phone consistently playing the song.

phone is rooted if that matters but has been rooted for months so i doubt that plays a factor

thanks

I am afraid that it is going to be a process of elimination for you. In the first instance, try wiping the cache partition as per #1.3 of
S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide. If that does not solve your problem, start your phone in Safe Mode, #1.4, to determine whether it is the actual firmware update or a user app that is prompting the constant ringing. As you say, being rooted may, or may not, play a part in your current situation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones