1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone Number?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spaceprobe, May 16, 2011.

1. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

I have noticed that the phone number listed in the about phone section is different from my sim card telephone number. Is that correct, what is that number listed in about phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

My phone was the same - I had moved from O2 to Orange UK and kept my number, so I think that's where the problem was. I rooted my phone and installed CM7 and have actually told the phone what it's number is, so all is good now! :)

3. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

Interesting but my phone was brand new sim free and as never had another sim card in it

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Mine was brand new sim free and just doesn't have any number there at all and no way to input one.

5. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

When I got my phone, from an Orange store, it had a different number. I guessed that was as the phone came with an Orange sim in as I'd changed from O2 (and taken my number with me).

When I rooted, I installed cyanogenmod 7... that's how it's now my actual phone number - if that helps?

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Grand thanks.. not prepared to root my phone so I'll just to have to go without ;-)

7. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Not really worth rooting JUST to change the number, but at least you know if is possible, if you do end up rooting!

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews