• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Numbers

-l3x-

Nov 2, 2009
Ok. This is just to verify that google has all my phone numbers backed up from the "Peoples" app. I am about to wipe my phone and i want to make sure that good syncs the phone numbers in the People's app.

Any help and solutions would be greatly appreciated.

-Lex

Create a new contact, at the very top there is an option that says phone. If you change the dropdown menu to Google it'll sync them to your gmail account.

Since they are already phone contacts the only way I know of is to:
1) Used HTC Sync app to sync contacts to outlook express
2) Export contacts from outlook express as CSV file
3) Imported into google contacts through web interface on PC (http://www.google.com/contacts)
4) Edit as you need and you will have option change group to My Contacts for each contact

Found something on XDA that says: "There's ExportContacts in the Market that will export your contacts as a csv file onto you SD card. Then you can import them into google contacts. That's what I did anyway."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones