1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Phone occasionally not ringing going to vm

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AeolianReflex, Aug 26, 2010.

1. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California
    I have had a few of occasions that my incredible doesn't ring but goes straight to voice mail. Not always from the same caller and not any common apps running that I can think of. The callers have told me they heard 5 or 6 rings and then got voice mail. I checked their phone entries and straight to voice mail is not checked. I had two of them call me right back and the phone rang. I am not using Google voice. It maybe too early to call it a problem but thought I would post to see if any others have had this happen.

Advertisement

2. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Did you have your phone in your pocket?

I have a feeling that the proximity and light sensors think that the phone is screen down which silences the ringer. I've had my phone in my pocket only to see a few missed calls where I never heard the ringer.

Not sure but thats what I think....

3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California
    I don't think that is it. Twice it has happened while in my carry case and twice while sitting on the table right next to me with the sensor completely unblocked..

4. DroidINC10

DroidINC10 Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Michigan
    Mine does that as well, but so does my wife's LG phone. Maybe just poor reception? That is usually the case for me...

5. pandrea

pandrea New Member

May 16, 2012
    my htc sensation keeps going straight to voicemail and i cant get any calls. unless someone leaves a message i dont even know ive had a call. can anyone help

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Do you have good reception? Can you make outgoing calls?