• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone occasionally not ringing going to vm

AeolianReflex

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
Southern California
I have had a few of occasions that my incredible doesn't ring but goes straight to voice mail. Not always from the same caller and not any common apps running that I can think of. The callers have told me they heard 5 or 6 rings and then got voice mail. I checked their phone entries and straight to voice mail is not checked. I had two of them call me right back and the phone rang. I am not using Google voice. It maybe too early to call it a problem but thought I would post to see if any others have had this happen.

Did you have your phone in your pocket?

I have a feeling that the proximity and light sensors think that the phone is screen down which silences the ringer. I've had my phone in my pocket only to see a few missed calls where I never heard the ringer.

Not sure but thats what I think....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones