• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone off during factory reset

Basi

Lurker
Jun 30, 2021
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I need your help.
Today I did a factory reset of my phone because lately, it kept going on and off and the samsung keyboard wasn't responding anymore. after selecting the factory reset option, all I could see was the phone alternating between "system update setting" and some "failure to update information" so I pressed the power button till it went off. Now I've been trying to turn it on to no avail. Please what can I do with it?
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Can you boot into recovery mode? Is usually a combo of the power button and volume buttons. I'm on my phone, but you can Google how to hard reset the s7 edge for exact buttons that need to be pressed.

I tried the combo for S7 edge and also all combinations I could find on google and Youtube but it still doesn't start. Could it be that the phone is done for? :(

Upvote 0
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I need your help.
Today I did a factory reset of my phone because lately, it kept going on and off and the samsung keyboard wasn't responding anymore. after selecting the factory reset option, all I could see was the phone alternating between "system update setting" and some "failure to update information" so I pressed the power button till it went off. Now I've been trying to turn it on to no avail. Please what can I do with it?
Your help will be very much appreciated.

Sounds like the battery might be knackered and needs replacing, especially given that the S7 Edge is a few years old now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones