• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone only rings once?!

Hey guys, I'm a new Nexus owner coming over from an Evo. On my Evo I rooted it and put a custom rom on it and such, so I'm not completely new or wet behind the ears when it comes to doing cool things with your phone.

Here's the thing: I went and put custom ringtones on my Nexus, but the one I use primarily only rings once. I look at it and see it vibrating and still receiving a call...but the ring-tone does not repeat. It rings once and that's it. So far it's the only problem I'm having with my phone. Anyone having the same problem or have a fix for me that I can use?

Thanks in advance! :)

btw: I put the custom ringtones on my phone by making a folder in the SD card titled media/audio/ringtones. I did that and the tones showed up. Is there another method that I can use that will make the ringtone repeat itself, because this whole 1 ring thing is not going to work, lol.

Hey guys, I'm a new Nexus owner coming over from an Evo. On my Evo I rooted it and put a custom rom on it and such, so I'm not completely new or wet behind the ears when it comes to doing cool things with your phone.

Here's the thing: I went and put custom ringtones on my Nexus, but the one I use primarily only rings once. I look at it and see it vibrating and still receiving a call...but the ring-tone does not repeat. It rings once and that's it. So far it's the only problem I'm having with my phone. Anyone having the same problem or have a fix for me that I can use?

Thanks in advance! :)

btw: I put the custom ringtones on my phone by making a folder in the SD card titled media/audio/ringtones. I did that and the tones showed up. Is there another method that I can use that will make the ringtone repeat itself, because this whole 1 ring thing is not going to work, lol.

RCP's new version of ringtones work on Nexus. I had the same issue coming over from the EPIC when I created folders. The Nexus does not recognize the whole WAV file for some reason? You will most likely not be able to use the old ones.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. I'm not rooted, just using a ring tone I downloaded and copied to my Nexus. The ring tone is actually of an old phone ring but it does the same thing, only rings once then vibrates but no more ringing. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?:thinking:

I believe they sent me the 2.0 version for free since my original purchase would not ring completely with Gingerbread. Email them and tell them you had the original set of RCP tones for an older phone running 2.2 or earlier. They will most likely send you new ones!

RCP | Professional Ringtones for iPhone, Android, and more

Upvote 0
I do apologize for this most late response but I too had this problem and it was the ringer .ogg files meta data. Thanks to "siwahem" at XDA for this!

- Download and install Audacity (audacity.sourceforge.net)
- Open the ringtone file in Audacity, note you can use mp3/wav files as well, Audacity can convert them into OGG.
- Select Open Metadata Editor for the File Menu
- Add a new tag called ANDROID_LOOP and set the value to 'true'.
- Click OK
- Select Export from the File Menu and select the Save As Type format as Ogg Vorbis Files.
- Click OK through File Save and Metadata dialogue window.
- Copy the new ringtone file onto your phone, reboot and enjoy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones