• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone or battery problem?

OK I got my replacement today. It is a TH1SA14. I have had it on the charger since I put it in my phone @3:30PM PST. I'll be leaving it on all night long and drop it off the charger in the morning (@6am). I'll probably do a light - moderate day and see how things go after work @3 and report back. What I notice at this moment compared to the other is it seems this one is charging past the (100%) mark. i.e. it's still a bit warm on the battery side compared to the old 07 one which never seemed to get warm much at all (except during heavy usage). So I think my initial assessment is we found one of the problems. Hopefully Android 2.1 will fix the others :D

Upvote 0
OK I think I can safely say that my Battery life has improved over the 07. I just got home @4pm PST and my Battery is @ 73% with Low to moderate use in a bad coverage area. It compared the 45% remaining from my Previous test.

6am Off the charger
Alarm @ 6:25
checked Twitter about 10 Minutes total throughout the day.
Bluetooth on all day
Have 2 Widgets on (Clock and Date Widget)
Solitare for about 5 min (Boring meeting)
Did 3 Updates to installed programs
4:00pm @ 73% remaining
I'm not going to charge it today I'm gonna let it drain. But I am pretty confident that It'll be ok.

Update:As of 7:45pm I can add
I took a 2:12 Min Video and about 5 Pictures Plus about 10 focus preshots.
I also did about 10 Minutes of Phone calls
I forgot to add I had My Alarm Set all day too.
Sitting @ 60% now. Yeah I can safely say I had a Defective Battery.

Upvote 0
Since I have internet connection during the day, I do not need get alerted for new emails. So, with those two options turned off, it drastically improved the battery life.

100% charged at 7am.
72% remain at 3pm.

I've done some web browsing (reading stuff off the brower, making 3 phone calls and frequent text messaging)

:)

Upvote 0
I'm new to the forums, but I'm having issues with my phone battery as well (or so I believe). I had the 07 and couldn't make it through even a 10 hour day without dying. Got my replacement today (TH1SA14 serial) and I still don't see much of an improvement. I lost 10 percent in an hour after a full charge. I don't have 3G in my area, keep the lowest backlight settings, only use Wifi moderately, no background data or GPS, plus I just got rid of the calendar widget. If this keeps up then I'm going to have to send this back. I really like the phone, but this is killing me. Even my POS Blackberry Pearl Flip could keep a better battery life then this.

Upvote 0
I'm new to the forums, but I'm having issues with my phone battery as well (or so I believe). I had the 07 and couldn't make it through even a 10 hour day without dying. Got my replacement today (TH1SA14 serial) and I still don't see much of an improvement. I lost 10 percent in an hour after a full charge. I don't have 3G in my area, keep the lowest backlight settings, only use Wifi moderately, no background data or GPS, plus I just got rid of the calendar widget. If this keeps up then I'm going to have to send this back. I really like the phone, but this is killing me. Even my POS Blackberry Pearl Flip could keep a better battery life then this.

I completely understand, that's the one reason I jumped ship on the BH2. I have heard of a few people getting reasonable battery life, but out of the three Behold2's I had none gave it to me. You sound like your in the boat I was in and my advise to you is to look at the Cliq, you might be surprised that even though android phones don't have the battery that bb phones have, the custome firmware that these companies do to the phone change them a lot.

Upvote 0
Drhyde,
try installing spareparts from android market and see if your phone is ever sleeping. My battery problem was because the batteryleft widget wasn't letting my phone sleep. After removing that my battery life improved dramatically.

Used spareparts and indeed it seems like my phone isn't sleeping though I have no idea what could be causing it. I've removed anything I think might be the problem and installed Panda Home with Dark Hero. Other than that, I can't figure out what it causing it.

Upvote 0
Alright, some good news: Went to work with 87% battery at 3:30 pm. Suffered a minor issue of not being able to find my network so I had to shut it down for a couple of hours. At 6 pm I managed to correct the network issue then let it go for the rest of the day. I fired up taskiller, set to auto kill when the screen blacks (though I have yet to see that actually work), killed every task there was (including Panda) and started fresh. I ended up recovering to around 130 MB free (before almost down to 50 MB). Gone the whole day, not much use, couple calls,etc. Battery at 67% as of 1 am. Much, much better. Something was hogging my processor preventing it from sleeping. I also removed some gimicky programs. Hopefully, this will work out.

Upvote 0
I loveeee my Behold 2. The only flaw is the battery life on this thing! I just switched my background data off I hope this helps, I also am not running GPS or WIfi!!. Thanks with the advice. I am really picky when it comes to my phones. I started off with the G1 battery sucked, I got an 2400 MaH battery and this helped a lot, it only doubled the size of the backing, but eventually I got rid of this big bulky phone. I liked the keyboard and decided to move on to the Moto Cliq, the battery wasnt so great either. So I went old school with a Samsung Gravity. After doing so I heard that there was a massive upgrade that boosted the battery life on the Cliq 3 to 4 times more!!! WTFFFF!!! I decided to jump into the B2 and I am just hoping that an upgrade will eventually come into effect!! If an upgrade is available, I hope this will be resolved!!

Upvote 0
Drhyde,

That's one of my big beefs with the software. I like using Handcent for my messaging needs, and it works really well, but every time I receive a text message the phone opens four or five applications in the background...making the keyboard response even more sluggish and frustrating. More specifically, it opens these applications: Video Player, Device Management, Messaging, TeleNav GPS, Handcent Sms, myFaves, com.samsung. I would have tried rooting the phone by now, but I've seemed to have somehow managed to lose my USB cable...

Murf

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones