1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone overheating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joe71, Nov 8, 2014.

1. joe71

joe71 Android Expert

I have been using an LG optimus l90 since August when my nexus 4 started having issues. In September i had an issue with it freezing up, powering off other issues, i solved the problem with several factory resets. Last month i encounter a new problem my device will become super hot, i have been taking the battery out letting the device cool off, normally this has worked. Last week it ran hot, every few hours i had to let the phone set and cool off. I finally did a factory reset (twice, the phone froze up the first time). That helped for a day or too. Now my phone is back to overheating, anything i can do with settings?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Drewfam

Drewfam Lurker

if your brightness is up to like 50% or higher it does tend to get really hot which will drain the battery faster i find. Also just being in your pocket creates a lot of heat as well so i take it out every little while for like 10 minutes and take the back cover off..

3. LG Fanatic

LG Fanatic Android Enthusiast

It could be that the "Mediaserver" app is running constantly in the background. The next time your phone starts to get hot, go the battery section in the settings area and see what apps are using battery. If you see Mediaserver as a large percentage, that could be your culprit.

4. LoopyD

LoopyD Android Enthusiast

Greenify helps with this. A lot.

5. LoopyD

LoopyD Android Enthusiast

Interactive CPU governor is good too. Though that's a root solution. Cools your CPU when you aren't using the device.

LG L90 Forum

The LG L90 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2540mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews