• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone overheats fast, purple haze and ghosting

sap40771

Lurker
Jan 5, 2015
So a little less than a week ago after being on my phone for a bit, i'm always on and did nothing different with it, I unlock and all of a sudden the screen has a strange purple pattern across it and everything is ghosting like crazy. If I move anything at all the screen gets super fuzzy with trails of whatever was on the screen. While this is going on the phone will overheat super fast and if I continue to use it while its like this, eventually the whole screen will go white with black vertical columns randomly placed. I also noticed that the bulk of the heat is right on the Samsung logo on the front of the phone, it feels like it could physically burn me if i used it like that enough. I have a video so you can see what I'm talking about (ignore the audio). Any idea whats wrong or a solution?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones