1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone pairs with car Bluetooth when on, disconnects on StandBy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xMarkTheShark24, Aug 1, 2016.

1. xMarkTheShark24

None

Aug 1, 2016
    Male
    I'm heading on a road trip tomorrow and I would like to be able to listen to my music via Bluetooth, as I do not have a plug in adapter for the car. I do not want to kill my battery an hour into the drive, so I really need this issue resolved ASAP.

This problem just started this last week. Until now, the bluetooth has connected with any cars I drive with no problem at all. I know that this issue revolves around the phone and not the vehicles I drive as the described issues happen consistabtly and exactly the same across all vehicles.

To expand, this is what is happening:

-Bluetooth IS connected when the Phone is unlocked.

-Phone gets disconnected when on standby.

-Phone will not reconnect unless the phone is unlocked.

-Even if phone connects when unlocked, it will disconnect shortly after immediately when phone goes to standby and locks.

A buddy of mine suggested checking my power saving mode, but even with that disableday, the problem still exists. Hoping that there are late-night lurkers on here that would be able to help. Won't be able to be online as I have a long drive tomorrow and I need to be well rested.

I will add that I do have Avast Battery Saver, Cleanup, and Mobile Security, but I cannot think of anything else that could be a factor to this problem.

Thanks in advance for any assistance rendered.

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    I would going to settings and shorten the screen on time and extend the screen lock time. Keep in mind, there is very little difference in battery consumption between the screen off scenario versus the screen lock scenario. This way, your Bluetooth will remain connected to your car while minimizing battery usage.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.