• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

phone problem

Hi Jeanie and welcome to Android Forums!

I don't use the Facebook app so I can't speak to whether or not there is a direct download option in it; however, there IS an old-school method that will work. It's a little labor-intensive, but you'll have your pictures back.

Use your PC. Save the images you want from Facebook on the PC, hook up the phone via USB and move 'em over. Easy Peasy!

If someone else who uses Facebook's Android app can chime in, there may be an easier way using the app... but if not, that's a tried and true method :)

Enjoy your stay here and it's great to have you here! :)

Upvote 0
Hi jeanie 8 ...

Welcome aboard.

I see that The_Chief had given you a simple way of getting pics onto your device. I've done this method a few times myself ...so -- I can vouch on its authenticity. ;)

Also, just to add ... ... Here's another way of getting this done using the fullsite/desktop version of FB via your phone. Go to your profile and open up your photo album -- tap the pic you want to download -- touch the option to save to phone.

Unfortunately, depending on what device you have, or what Android version your device is running, you won't be able to long press on a photo and tap the option of saving to your device using the FB for Android application available on the Google Play Store.

Thanks for stopping in.
Best of luck. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones