• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone problems on Atrix (done)

Sounds like how you are holding the phone is not covering the Light Sensor that turns off the touch screen. So, your cheek touches the screen just like your fingers were using it.

The light sensor is in the top of the face of the phone, to the right of the speaker. See the two "Dots" - one is the LED that flashes alerts, the other is the light sensor.

Try to make sure that is covered by your ear/side of your head/whatever while on the phone so that the touch screen turns off.

Upvote 0
Everything is great EXCEPT phone calls. Phone starts dialing beeps while I'm on a call, repeatedly drops call, and I swear, today while on a call, the calculator screen came up. Ready to take the box and the phone back. Anyone else having basic phone problems? :thinking:
I turned on automatic pocket detection and i had the same problem. When i turned it off no more problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones